RTIconnect Installation and Setup Directions
View or print our current system requirements.
I. Download RTIconnect setup wizard.
- To download the RTIconnect setup program, click here.
A File Download screen will display and prompt you either to run or save. (This screen varies according to the browser you use.) Click Save.
NOTE: You must save the file in order to complete the install properly. Installing directly from the website will not work.
- Save the RTIconnect_Installer.msi file to your Desktop.
- If your screen displays a Download Complete window, click the Close option.
- If necessary, close the browser (click the X in the upper right corner of the screen).
II. Install RTIconnect on your computer.
Right-click the RTIconnect RTIconnect_Installer.msi icon that you saved locally and choose Run as Administrator.
NOTE: You must choose this option even if logged in as an Administrator.
- On the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for RTIconnect screen, click Next.
- Click I Accept… and click Next to accept the License Agreement.
- Enter a User Name and Organization and click Next.
- The next window you see will be entitled Destination Folder. RTI recommends that you use the default installation location shown. Click Next.
- At the Server Settings window, accept the default Use RTI Production Environment and click Next.
- At the Setup Type window, select the Complete option and click Next.
- The next window will be entitled Ready to Install the Program. This indicates that RTIconnect is about to be installed on your computer. Click Install to install the RTIconnect programs.
- After the programs install, a new window displays, stating Install Wizard Completed. Click Finish. The system returns to the Desktop, where you will see a new RTIconnect icon.
- Delete the RTIconnect RTIconnect_Installer.msi icon. (Right-click on it, select Delete, and click Yes.)
III. Running RTIconnect for the first time.
- Now you are ready to launch the application. On your Desktop, double-click the RTIconnect icon. You will see a window like the one below:
- In the User name field, enter your user name.
- In the Password field, enter your password.
- In the Company field, enter your company name.
- Click Login.
The next window, shown below, enables you to set up a unique description for the computer receiving the installation.
In the Installation ID field, enter a word or phrase that describes this computer, for example, Store 11 or Office PC.
NOTE: If you are reinstalling the application, you should select Existing Installation and choose the ID used previously from the dropdown list.
In the Installation Store field, select the same store or description used in the Installation ID field.
NOTE: For personal installs, users should uncheck the checkbox for Installation is in a Store.
Background:The system stores this information along with a unique number in both the RTI database and on your computer. Every time RTIconnect is started, it sends its unique number to RTI’s update system. The update system uses this number to determine what updates or customizations your computer needs, if any. This happens very quickly and most of the time you won’t even know it’s happening. (NOTE: The first login typically requires additional files to download to your system, depending upon your database version. This occurs automatically and may take a few minutes to complete depending upon your Internet connection speed. Subsequent logins should complete more quickly.) Each computer has its own updates and customizations.
If you ever have to re-install RTIconnect on your computer, contact RTI Client Services for assistance for using the Re-Install Existing Installation option.
- In the Installation ID field, enter a word or phrase that describes this computer, for example, Store 11 or Office PC.
- Click OK.
This completes your installation and setup of RTIconnect.